Wednesday, September 2, 2009
No more sleeps
The day is here! Jayden is confused because he knows we get in our house today, but isn't there yet. He also went to his school to meet his class and leave all his school supplies, but had to leave afterward. He wants his stuff. We want our stuff (it's in the new house). We talked to Jayden about Mexico today and how they don't have near as much stuff. How the people there are more poor. If you've been to Mexico, you understand what that means. You also understand that they are, for the most part, able to enjoy life more than us. They have learned to enjoy what they do have, and not worry so much about stuff. I like stuff, I like the big TV, all of "Jayden's" toys, I'm even excited about a lawn tractor. The last couple months has helped me realize that I don't need that stuff to be happy. I feel closer to my wife than ever, because we were bored out of our minds and in desperation for most of the time. I have my God, my family, and my church. That's all I need. (I will still enjoy all my stuff though!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment