We spent this morning meeting some of the faculty at Jayden's school (yes, he is starting school next Tuesday). There was a lot of talk about how bad the winter is there, hopefully we will have a plow. Of coarse, we would like to be in the house too.
We arrived at church to find that Pastor Hart had accidently flooded the baptistry over. It is a nice mess. I told Pastor I was glad he did it and not Andrew or me. I think he understood. We have staff meeting next to plan for the fall.
Life is filled with ups and downs. New beginnings, big messes, cleaning up, then planning on how to make things better for the future. It's a daily thing. I personally find myself the most happy when I'm problem solving. It's refreshing to see something that is broken start to work properly again. I think God enjoys that too. How incredible it must be to him to see someone who is totally messed up finally allow Him to fix them, make them whole. I want to be whole, I want my family to be whole, and I want my church to be whole. If there is one thing I've had crammed into my mind lately, it's that I can't make any of that whole. If I could fix it, I would have, but I can't, so I don't. Thank God I'm not Him (I'm sure everybody else does too!)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Look at you all grown up! I love the pic!
Life is full of ups and downs, I'm just happy I get to share them with you! I love our family! They say home is where the heart is. I now believe this was for the homeless! Ha! Can't wait to get moved in!
Post a Comment