One of the best parts about the Gospel is its simplicity. There are plenty of aspects of Christianity that are confusing, or just hard to understand, but not the Gospel. Pastor Bob Hart always states that it had to be that way, I think he's right. Christ came and died as the sacrifice for our sins, then rose again on the third day. All we need to do is allow his sacrifice to be our payment so that we can be reconciled to God. Through Christ we are declared "perfect" before God. I want my parents to hear Christ tell God that I am "perfect", I think they will have a hard time accepting it otherwise.
Maybe the simplicity of the message is why Easter is the easiest time of the year to share Christ with others. More non-religious people attend church on Easter than any other time. We are thankfully a long way from Easter being relegated to "happy spring day" or some other politically corrupt phrase.
This week at Bible Fellowship Church we will be examining what Christ did with his last week on Earth. Next week we are celebrating the resurrection with a Sunrise Service at 7:30, then breakfast, an Easter egg hunt for the kids (I have ridiculous amounts of candy filled eggs in my basement - don't worry, Wes hasn't found them), and our Easter worship service in which we will focus on what the resurrection means to us today. Pray that God will penetrate the hearts of the lost with the Gospel message this Easter across our great country and the world.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment