This week has been a roller coaster. Had good services Sunday, plus got to see old friends. Most of you know we have been burdened with our house not selling. We got a call on Wednesday telling us what we needed to get in order to sell the house. An hour later we received an offer for much more than we needed. As excited as we were, the next morning started with a call telling us the heat was out at the house and the pipes were frozen. On my way there, I got in touch with several friends, and many were able to help me out with saving the house. Not happy about the $650 or so the day cost me, but very happy the house was not destroyed. More of that perspective stuff. The day got better when we found out there was another offer coming in on the house, and their might be a bit of bidding to go on. I spoke Wednesday on patience from the book of James. It is easy for us to look back at the prophets and Job and see the blessing, but they didn't get the blessing until they endured the hardship with patience and perseverance. I know I need patience, I just don't like having to learn it!
Oh, and I forgot to mention I left my sweet wife sick in bed with two kids while I was gone all day. She puts up with a lot, but she married me.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment