I know many of you are thinking, "No, it can't be true!" but it is. I just picked up a book of stamps today with Mary and Joseph riding a camel with the star behind them. The series is called "Holy Family", and has the word "Christmas" right on the front. The slap in the face to all that is politically (in)correct and offensive to Christians brought a smile to my face. I felt I needed to share the joy over something so simple, because the anti-PC campaign has already started. We should fight to make sure our right to say, "Merry Christmas" when ever we want to, to whomever we want to, is just as accepted as saying, "Happy 4th of July."
Let's be honest, most Christians won't even notice what the government did. They will be too busy looking for all the offensive omissions we are surrounded by on a daily basis during the holidays. I'm sure there will be no chain letters demanding we overwhelm our elected officials and the postmaster with calls, faxes, and emails supporting the decision to blatantly support our beloved Christ's birth. We should praise them. Not for taking a bold stand, but for recognizing that this is a special time for Christians, and acknowledging we have just as much right as anyone to celebrate our special days.
I encourage all of you chain mail writers to do something positive this time. Thank our officials for reminding our country what Christmas is all about. Then you can send this to all your friends and relatives who hate Christmas and let them know Jesus came for them, and even the post office wants them to know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment