I'm an emotional person, I have no problem admitting that. There are times when my emotions get the best of me and I am not able to act the "appropriate" way. I used to laugh about my messages at Sonrise Bible Church in Rotterdam because I got emotional in half of the messages I preached. I have no problem admitting I am emotional, but it is hard to preach when you have to worry about electrocuting yourself by getting tears in the microphone. Forgive me if I care too much about some issues (yes, that is sarcasm). There are things that always get me upset. I cried when I watched "My Girl". Call me a pansy for crying, or even for watching it in the first place, but that's me. The thought of murdering innocent children bothers me. It should bother you. The only thing worse than a child's funeral is a funeral where you are pretty sure the person was lost and headed to eternal separation from God's love in Hell. That bothers me. It should bother you.
There are many moral issues the church in America is faced with today. Divorce rates, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, financial integrity (yes, it's a sin to lie on your taxes), hatred and maliciousness in people's hearts, dare I mention selfishness, materialism, or gluttony? As I mentioned this weekend, these all seem to pale in comparison to the genocide happening in America. We are shocked and horrified at what happens in places like Rwanda and Darfur, yet seem to be unhappily settled with the the over 50 MILLION murders of children in our own country. How did the murder of children ever become an option? How immoral did we become where murder of children is a "moral issue", not to mention a political one? The disintegration of morality in America centers around the fact that we no longer respect human life at all. I don't blame our government (not for this). Just because something is "legal" doesn't make it right. Yes, we should work to have our government declare that murder is illegal, no matter how young or old the victim. Our government does not determine our morals, we do. If a baby has a chance to live, then we do not have the right to kill it. It's not an opinion, it's normal decency. I have several friends that have lost babies to miscarriages, many forced because of the impossibility of the baby to live and the safety of the mom. Most of them can't understand how anybody could end a healthy pregnancy by killing the child. We ought not to kill children. What does that make us if we even argue that point? I am waiting for an enemy to attack America on the premise that they are attempting to stop the immoral murder of millions of helpless children. I can't say that I would disagree with them (I don't want that to happen, but it is better than the continued genocide).
I do take some solace in knowing these young lives are in Heaven, not having to deal with our messed up world. I know many people who are waiting to see their aborted children there, and that is the only peace they can find in the midst of their regrets. Thankfully, God forgives us even for this (and everything else!). As a church, a country, and a people we need to seek his forgiveness for all our sins, especially this.
There are many moral issues the church in America is faced with today. Divorce rates, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, financial integrity (yes, it's a sin to lie on your taxes), hatred and maliciousness in people's hearts, dare I mention selfishness, materialism, or gluttony? As I mentioned this weekend, these all seem to pale in comparison to the genocide happening in America. We are shocked and horrified at what happens in places like Rwanda and Darfur, yet seem to be unhappily settled with the the over 50 MILLION murders of children in our own country. How did the murder of children ever become an option? How immoral did we become where murder of children is a "moral issue", not to mention a political one? The disintegration of morality in America centers around the fact that we no longer respect human life at all. I don't blame our government (not for this). Just because something is "legal" doesn't make it right. Yes, we should work to have our government declare that murder is illegal, no matter how young or old the victim. Our government does not determine our morals, we do. If a baby has a chance to live, then we do not have the right to kill it. It's not an opinion, it's normal decency. I have several friends that have lost babies to miscarriages, many forced because of the impossibility of the baby to live and the safety of the mom. Most of them can't understand how anybody could end a healthy pregnancy by killing the child. We ought not to kill children. What does that make us if we even argue that point? I am waiting for an enemy to attack America on the premise that they are attempting to stop the immoral murder of millions of helpless children. I can't say that I would disagree with them (I don't want that to happen, but it is better than the continued genocide).
I do take some solace in knowing these young lives are in Heaven, not having to deal with our messed up world. I know many people who are waiting to see their aborted children there, and that is the only peace they can find in the midst of their regrets. Thankfully, God forgives us even for this (and everything else!). As a church, a country, and a people we need to seek his forgiveness for all our sins, especially this.
No comments:
Post a Comment