Friday, June 3, 2011

The day we are born

Today is Jessica's birthday.  I could be all sweet and talk about how wonderful she is here, but that would annoy most of you as much as it annoys me when I have to listen to you do it.  Plus she doesn't need the big head.

I'll go a different route.  I am very thankful to her parents for raising her so well.  I know Denton and Robin had their hands full, she hasn't changed that much.  They did a great job, and I am thankful.  I hope the parents of the women that will be in our boys' lives will do as good a job.  I try to keep that at the forefront of my mind when raising our boys.  I want them to be the boyfriends/husbands I would want my daughter to be with (thankfully I don't have to worry about that one, I couldn't handle that stress).  Manners and respect for the opposite sex still go a long way.  Our kids watch everything I do and say to and about Jess.  I hope I am being a role-model that is worthy of being called a dad and husband.  If we do as well raising our kids as both our parents did, our boys will be great family men.  So somebody better be busting their tails to get some women worthy of their love!  I am scared.

No comments: