I am determined to update this more often now. I actually even have internet at home, so I am without excuse. Things are going well for us. We are moved in, most of the boxes are unpacked, I even have my desk in my office! Jayden lost his first tooth, he was pretty excited because he has been waiting for a couple years now to lose one. JW is as crazy as ever, but he is really starting to grow up. We definitely miss all of our friends back around Schenectady, but we don't miss their weather. We have already begun forming some relationships here that are growing. I can honestly say we fell in love with our people here immediately. They aren't perfect, but neither are we. In fact, much of them are probably more perfect than us, but they will catch up.
One of the things I am determined to do is to continue to focus on my own spiritual maturity. The responsibility of being called "Pastor" is humbling and frightening. I don't see how anyone could possibly ever even try to take on this responsibility without constantly being before God on their knees. I know many are still wondering how they can help us. I want to personally begin by asking for prayer. As for what to pray, I digress (just for you Ian) to allowing someone else to speak for me...Paul.
Ephesians 6:19
19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment