Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Comfortably Uncomfortable

I haven't blogged in a long time.  It's amazing how sick of writing you get when you have to do it for classes.  I should finish up my Masters in Religion and Pastoral Counseling this year, that is my goal anyway.  So far I have a 4.0, which I haven't had since well, nevermind.

The biggest event in my life since I last blogged was Jayden accepting Christ as his personal savior.  The question of how much a child understands, and how early is too early is always difficult, but I know Jayden gets it.  There is a good article on child evangelism at this site... http://www.frontlinemin.org/childevangelism.asp   I would recommend anybody with kids, or that works with kids to read it.  As parents our number one ministry is to our family, and there is nothing more important than explaining salvation to our kids so they can make their choice.  Maybe one day I'll put together a post just on sharing your faith with your own children.

Celebrate Recovery has become a large part of my life.  I have grown over the last few months in ways I never thought I needed to grow.  Some of the healing I have experienced just by being with a group of guys that struggle with some of the same issues while we support each other has opened my understanding Christian fellowship to a whole new level.  It is my prayer that more can surrender to God's will and direction for their lives in the same way, whether with CR or not.

I would describe my current life as comfortably uncomfortable.  I have learned to accept and appreciate that I can be happy while remaining uncomfortable.  This is a good thing, because I believe we must be uncomfortable if we want to achieve anything.  I know their are some people that get by off others' sacrifices, but I don't consider that success.  I believe God will always challenge us if we let Him.  If we aren't being challenged, we aren't growing.  If we aren't uncomfortable, than we aren't doing anything.  I have accepted that I actually need to be uncomfortable if I am going to serve God in any capacity.  I am ok with that.  I can deal with life in that way.  I'm comfortable with the whole idea.  I am comfortably uncomfortable.

No comments: